Shipping Lithium Batteries by Air
A one day course designed to give Shippers of Lithium Ion and Lithium Metal Batteries the skills and knowledge to pack and ship lithium ion and lithium metals cells and batteries by air transport, in compliance with Australian Legislation and the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Understand the basis and applicability of the IATA DGR
- Apply the states and operation variations
- Identify and classify the 9 hazard classes including provisions of lithium batteries
- Apply the applicable special provisions
- Apply the provisions for packing, marking and labelling of shipments containing lithium batteries
- Complete the Shipper’s Declaration and any other accompanied documents related to the transport of lithium batteries
1 day (9.00am – 4.00pm)
Please note: This course is approved by CASA for Group F employees only. Freight Forwarders can complete this course for further knowledge on the handling of lithium battery shipments, however are still required to attend the Dangerous Goods Acceptance (Air) course for full accreditation
Please contact us for more information re dates, locations and fees (02) 9587 1986.